Cook: 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cooking onion, small dice
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger (optional) small jalapeño or cayenne pepper, seeded + minced
- 1 cup 1/2 inch diced waxy potatoes
- 3 cups small cauliflower florets
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1-2 cups vegetable stock, depending
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 bunch lacinato/Tuscan kale, stems removed and chopped salt+ pepper chopped leafy herbs to finish
- Heat the coconut oil in a heavy+ large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook slowly, lowering heat if necessary.
- Cook until very soft, translucent and almost breaking down, about 6-7 minutes .
- Add the curry powder and bay leaf and cook, stirring often, for 3 more minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger (if using), and jalapeiio to the pot .
- ¥ Stir and cook until fragrant, constantly stirring to avoid burning the garlic.
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower to the pot and stir.
- Season with lots of salt and pepper.
- Add the crushed tomatoes to the pot and stir once more.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable stock
- Stir the pot, place a lid on top, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat on the stove to a simmer and remove the lid.
- Cook until the potatoes are just-tender, about 40 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and diced kale,, and simmer for 5 more minutes or until greens have wilted.
We think you may be interested in pressure cookers