Cook: 5 minutes
- 4 ounces or 400 grams of dried red beans or 2 (14 ounces or 400 grams) cans of cooked beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 3.5 ounces or 100 grams of green pepper
- 3.5 ounces or 100 grams of red pepper
- 5 ounces or 140 grams of carrot
- 13 ounces or 360 grams of tomato
- 1 (20 ounces or 560 grams) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 4.5 ounces or 125 grams of tortilla chips
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat.
- Add chopped garlic and onion and cook until golden brown.
- Add the diced green pepper, red pepper, carrot and tomato and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, cumin, cayenne powder, salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the red beans (you can use cooked beans or cook them in plenty of boiling water for about 1 or 2 hours) and the water or vegetable broth.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
We think you may be interested in fryers