Featured in Intermediate
Healthy, convenient, mouth-watering. This colorful vegetarian dish has the perfect balance between lightness and crispness: eggs, vegetables and cheese in one delicious frittata. You can have it for Sunday brunch, with a slice of bread and a cup of coffee. Want a healthy homemade meal for lunch at work? Just place one frittata serving in meal-prep container and you’re good to go.
Tip: Keep some chopped veggies stored in the fridge. Whenever you have a frittata craving, just sauté the chopped vegetables, add eggs and 30 minutes later, dinner is ready.
1. Preheat electric skillet to 375ºF.
2. Add olive oil. Sauté the peppers, mushrooms and onions until tender (around 4 minutes). Feel free to add or use other vegetables!
3. Add the spinach (and any other leafy greens you like) and sauté for 1 or 2 minutes.
4. Turn off the electric skillet. In a bowl, beat the eggs, add the sautéed vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
5. Grease a small loaf pan and pour the egg blend in. Add the Provolone cheese cubes. Make sure to scatter them through the pan.
6. Clean the electric skillet and heat to 375ºF.
7. Place a small baking rack inside the electric skillet.
8. Place the loaf pan on top of the baking rack, cover the skillet with the lid and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cooked.
9. Turn off the skillet. Remove the loaf pan from the skillet and let it cool for a couple of minutes before serving.